To manage, operate, and maintain the County road infrastructure in a productive, efficient and environmentally responsible manner, providing high quality service to our customers, the citizens of Talbot County
Did you know?
- The Roads Department is restricted from performing work on private property by State and County law with a few exceptions
- The Roads Department must be contacted prior to installation of new or upgraded entrances at County roads to ensure that roadside drainage is not impacted. See Right of Way Permitting for more information.
- The Roads Department can install driveway culverts on County Roads. There is a fee for this service, and property owner must purchase the pipe. Contact the Department at 410-770-8150 for additional details.
- Must new public roads in Talbot County are not built or funded by the County. These new facilities are constructed and paid for by developers with review and inspection by the Department of Public Works.
- The County will take over a private road, if the owners/users, at their cost, upgrade the facility to County public road standard. Contact the Department of Public Works prior to initiating such an effort.
Superintendent of Roads and Facilities
Page last modified Wednesday, January 10, 2024 11:44:16 AM